3 Ways to Strengthen Your Immune System
The immune system is your body’s mechanism for protecting you from illness. This complex system ensures you stay healthy and well. It even remembers every antigen it’s fought – ensuring it can more efficiently combat it in the future. Without the immune system, even a common cold could become a critical threat to your health.
So, how do you ensure your immune system is shipshape and ready to fight anything that’s thrown at it?
Simple. Here are three straightforward tips to ensure your immune system stays strong.
Of course, at the top of our list are lifestyle choices. Your everyday decisions and routines can seriously affect your health. Smoking, drinking, and even sleeping too little can all affect your well-being. Healthy living can bolster your health and immune system.
Some of the ways you can improve your overall health through lifestyle choices are:
- Don’t smoke. Easier said than done, but smoking has a direct and unbelievable effect on your general health. Smoking increases your blood pressure and leaves you vulnerable to an array of health issues.
- Maintaining a healthy weight can improve your immune function. Even if you eat healthily and exercise regularly, you could still be impairing your immune system. Obesity has a clear effect on your immune response and can lead to increased risks of infection. These supplements can assist with weight loss.
- If you do drink alcohol, only drink in moderation. Excessive alcohol consumption can harm immune-related health. Drinking can also slow recovery from infection and physical trauma and lead to less complete recovery.
- Minimizing stress is a must. Not only does stress harm your mental well-being, but stress also reduces the immune system’s ability to fight antigens.
Diet and Exercise
Exercise is vital to healthy living. Regularly exercising helps to:
- Improve your cardiovascular health
- Reduce your blood pressure
- Keep on top of your weight
- Protect you against a variety of diseases
Exercising contributes to your general good health and therefore your immune system too.
Your diet is vital to ensuring that your body can function like it’s supposed to. Having a healthy and varied diet keeps your cells and immune system nourished and full of energy. Malnutrition is a leading cause of disease and illness in impoverished countries.
Fruits, vegetables, meat, and fish supply the body with important vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Processed foods are incredibly popular as a cheap and easy source of food, however, the processing of these foods can remove a lot of the good nutrients that your body needs.
Supplements are a brilliantly easy way to, well, supplement your diet. Probiotics such as these are designed to improve the function of your immune system. It’s all well and good to say you need to change your diet, but it can be expensive to maintain. For those that don’t like vegetables, supplements can be a great alternative. Daily multivitamins, like these can ensure that you get the nutrition your body needs – no matter your diet.
Not sure what nutrients and minerals your body needs more of? Why not take a hair analysis test to check what deficiencies your body has? Our hair mineral analysis can check for even the smallest amount of toxins, heavy metals, trace elements, and contaminants in your system. This helps you know what you need to make a positive change to your body.